- Culture shock is a wonderful thing; it means you have an opportunity to open up your mind and expand your horizons.
- Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Cliche, but true nonetheless. The beauty standard in the society you live in is not always shared outside your little bubble. There are women in Africa who on average gain 90 pounds in three months before the wedding and they maintain it throughout their lives. Yes, the spouses find this to be rather attractive. There are belly dancers with a little meat on their bones. There are women who think long necks is a symbol of beauty. There are women in South America who think darker the skin the prettier they feel. Don’t bother to have an attitude towards the woman beside you just because you’re closer to your own idea of beauty than her. Remember, the woman beside you may have a totally different idea of beauty than you.
- The best revenge is having a fulfilled life.
- Never talk about money. It’s rude and unnecessary. Don’t assume the person has money or not due to his or her lifestyle. It’s none of your business. Don’t assume money actually buys happiness. Don’t assume the person didn’t work hard for the money to maintain his or her lifestyle. Concentrate on your own life and simply don’t assume.
- Don’t be afraid to try new things. Don’t be afraid to fail. If you don’t try it at all, then that is truly failing.
- Eat your vegetables. It’s an investment for your future.
- Don’t be somebody else ‘cause other than yourself ‘cause you’re afraid to be disliked. You will be disliked, regardless. You may as well be disliked for being yourself.
I refuse to spend my life with my eyes closed. What’s the point in that?